The dynamic use of photography can play a large role in any public relations or marketing campaign.
Most PR professionals understand the importance of photos when used to introduce new corporate executives and key staff additions. However the use of this medium should not stop there.
1. Photos can be used to add clarity and vision to any marketing initiative. “Action” images of products in use, executives speaking to groups or organizations, and employees at work and/or company outings, can add a different perspective for stakeholders and target audiences.
2. Photographs are ideal for use on corporate websites, blogs, email newsletters, and marketing materials. They also are a perfect fit for social media purposes and can be linked on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
3. Photos can be made into a video. A digital album of photos at a product demonstration or event can be easily made into a video for either in-house or outreach purposes.
4. This task should be assigned to a skilled professional photographer who understands the perspective, outcome and goals desired. We are not talking “selfies” or “Anyone have an iPhone” type photos here.
5. A well skilled photographer has the right equipment to accurately capture the moment and add depth and value to the presentation.
6. Done properly, a set of well executed photographs adds warmth, understanding, and assists in the perceptive value associated with the overall strategic goal of the campaign.
It can take the marketing initiative to a whole new level. Well beyond what just words can provide.